With the likes of Alison Hammond taking over the This Morning kitchen in recent weeks, the show’s cooking segment has been a bit more chaotic than usual.
However, things nearly ended in genuine disaster when John Torode fronted the feature from his home on Tuesday.
The MasterChef judge’s kitchen was moments away from going up in flames when he was unaware that a tea towel had caught on fire behind him.
Hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield – who were cooking along with John in the ITV show’s studio – frantically tried to alert the chef to the flames coming from behind him.
“John! John! Your tea towel is on fire!” Phillip bellowed. “Behind you! You’re on fire! Cooker!
“Turn around, turn around!” Holly shouted, as John finally realised what they were both referring to.
Unfazed, he calmly picked the burning cloth up and took it to a sink to extinguish.
“Oh my God, oh my God!” Holly exclaimed, as she and Phillip then fell about laughing.
“Are you OK? You were so calm and cool about that!” she asked John.
“Well, he didn’t know!′ Phillip joked.
Trying to get the segment back on track from his now smoke-filled kitchen, John said: “I’m all good. I’m here.”
But things descended into chaos when his fire alarm started going off, which then caused Holly to start giggling.
After John had eventually finished cooking, Holly joked: “I am off to sit in a dark room.”
It’s already been quite a week for the ITV daytime show, as on Monday, Holly was on the receiving end of yet another prank, while viral star Chanel The Parrot also made her TV debut.
This Morning airs weekdays at 10am on ITV.
News sourced from: Huffington Post