A new report has revealed the Hampshire companies that are among the south’s top growers.
Businesses ranging from home builders to a specialist in cleaning up oil spills are on the list of local mid-market businesses which saw revenue rise despite last year’s economic challenges.
BDO looked at mid-market companies in central southern England, operating in the key sectors of manufacturing, technology, consumer, services, healthcare and real estate and construction.
BDO partner David I’Anson said: “Our Central South region showed resilience through the economic downturn post 2008 and, although we won’t know for sure until this year’s figures are available, it seems that despite the recent period of unprecedented political and global upheaval, many local companies are still delivering real, tangible success.”
The annual analysis of businesses with a turnover of £10million to £300m found mid-market firms in the region had achieved a 25 per cent growth in turnover in the past three years.
The Hampshire firms making the list were:
- Ahmad Tea (UK) Ltd, a wholesaler in Chandlers Ford which sells its products in more than 80 countries. Has been in Hants since 1986 and was on BDO’s list last year of fastest mid-market international growers.
- Fareham-based Ascenti Health, which has a national network of more than 300 physiotherapists.
- Home builder Bargate Homes, based in Portsmouth and Fair Oak.
- The refurbishment and maintenance provider CLC Group Limited, based at Southampton’s Northbrook Industrial Estate. The business celebrated its 50th anniversary last year and has a turnover of more than £128million.
- Clearvision, an IT consultancy based at Charlcroft Business Park in Southampton and working with businesses and the public sector.
- Imperial Car Supermarkets Ltd, the used car business based at Hedge End with 17 showrooms across the country.
- Liquid Friday Ltd, based in Marina Keep, Portsmouth, which specialises in the employment, administration and deployment of flexible workers in the UK.
- Oil Spill Response Ltd, based in Southampton, the largest international industry-funded cooperative dedicated to responding to oil spills around the world.
- Radian Group Ltd, the Eastleigh-based housing provider whose history goes back to 1925.
- Siva Group, based at Hazel Road in Woolston, makes polyethylene packing and employing more than 350 people.
BDO tax partner Steve Hoon said: “We are delighted to once again recognise the region’s top performers. However, there is more uncertainty ahead as the country seeks to negotiate its trade deals with the EU and further afield. While some sectors could be more directly impacted than others, the overall strength of the UK economy affects us all and currently business confidence indicators are mixed in their outlook.”
News from The Southern Daily Echo