Thirty-six businesses and organisations in Slough have been awarded the highest food hygiene ratings.
Inspectors awarded five star ratings – the highest – to the places which prepare and serve food in the town.
Hygiene officers for Slough Borough Council carried out the inspections to ensure staff were following food hygiene rules for handling food and storage, preparation of food, cleanliness of the premises, and how food safety is managed by those responsible.
As well as big name chains such as Subway, Harvester and Costa Coffee, several schools and care homes were among those given the highest ratings.
Eleven schools, academies and nurseries in the borough were awarded five star ratings.
The 36 join more than 300 food establishments in Slough that already have a five star food hygiene rating.
“The ratings can help give the public confidence”
Councillor Pavitar K Mann, cabinet member for planning and regulation, said: “I am pleased that so many premises have been awarded with a food hygiene rating of five.
“We know that food hygiene standards are important to our residents.
“Food hygiene standards are assessed by the council’s food and safety team in conjunction with the national Food Hygiene Rating Scheme, to show how hygienic and safe premises that serve food are.
“The ratings can help give the public confidence about the places they choose to buy and consume cooked food from, knowing that they have been inspected and they are complying with food hygiene law.
“I congratulate those premises that have received a rating of five and urge any other businesses who wish to improve their ratings to make full use of the specialist advice and guidance available to them.”
These are the 36 premises in Slough which achieved five star food hygiene ratings in November and December 2019:
- Shree Krishna Vada Pav (Indian Marathi street food), Alpha Street North, Slough
- Khana Shana Kitchen (Desi food delivery service)
- Marish Primary School, Swabey Road, Langley
- Subway, Buckingham Avenue, Slough
- Pioneer Educational Trust /Grove Academy, Upton Court Grammar School, Lascelles Road, Slough
- Slough & Eton CoE College Canteen
- Waterfall Elior (Taylor Shaw|) at St Marys CE Primary School
- Zaike Kasafar
- Windsor Care Centre nursing home, Burlington Road, Slough
- Ticco Foods (food distributor), Unit 10, Blackthorne Point, Blackthorne Crescent
- The Montague Arms Harvester, London Road, Langley
- Reach Limited care home, Lower Cippenham Lane, Slough
- Priestley Bakers, Windsor House, Yarmouth Road, Slough
- BP Connect, Brands Hill, London Road, Slough
- Holy Family RC School, Langley
- Foxborough Primary School, Cokmom Road, Slough
- Caterlink Ltd, East Berkshire College, Langley
- Lynch Hill Primary School, Garrard Road, Slough
- Restaurant Associates at Reckitt Benckiser
- James Elliman Academy
- Favourites Dessert Lounge, High Street, Slough
- Zorbas Kebab Van, Bath Road, Slough
- Sodexo Food Services at Masterfoods, Dundee Road, Slough
- BP Rontec, Colnbrook by-pass
- The Long Barn, Bennetts Close, Cippenham Lane, Slough
- Oratory Day Nursery
- Costa Coffee, Liverpool Road, Slough
- Budgens Stores, Harrow Market
- Subway, High Street, Langley
- Baxter Storey Ltd at Travelport
- Toad Hall Nursery, Parlaunt House, Parlaunt Road, Slough
- Wexham Bowls Club, Norway Drive, Slough
- Western House Primary School, Richards Way, Slough
- Baxter Storey (food court) at UCB pharmaceuticals, Bath Road, Slough
- George Golden Pie
All businesses can now display a five star food hygiene rating.
In the recent inspections, Sabar Brothers Meats Ltd failed to improve its zero food hygiene rating.
Sabar Brothers in Upton Lea Parade was inspected on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
News from Berkshire Live