Losing a ring is probably one of the biggest fears for engaged and married folks.
After all, they’re hard to replace due to their sentimental value and usually, they’re quite pricey too.
One woman was absolutely distraught after she accidentally binned her ring during a clear out. Jo Carter from Monmouthshire, south-east Wales, was used to keeping her £3,000 engagement ring in an old candle in the bathroom. But when she had a massive tidy, she disastrously threw the candle out.
The 36-year-old burst in to tears and confided in husband Craig Carter, 38, who alerted the Five Lane Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
The next day, two workers, named as Rhys and Darren, had to rummage through hundreds of bags of waste to find the missing ring. Being the supportive husband he is, Craig was there to help the bin men identify the right one.
Once Craig spotted a familiar black bag, Rhys and Darren ripped it open and lo and behold – a shiny band with lots of sentimental value was inside.
Jo was delighted with the outcome and the help of the bin men who searched for 45 minutes. She said: ‘It has huge sentimental value and is also very expensive and not insured. ‘My husband Craig went to the tip and two amazing human beings trawled through hundreds of bags to find it. Their kindness and good hearts have had me in tears.
‘I thank them from the bottom of my heart. What a community we live in. Thank you to Rhys and Darren.’
Monmouthshire Councillor Jane Pratt said: ‘I am exceptionally proud of our staff at our Five Lanes Household Waste and Recycling Centre for helping bring a happy ending to this story.
‘This is an excellent example of our staff going above and beyond to help our community. Well done!’
Let’s hope Jo has a new safekeeping place.
Story sourced from – The Metro