The tips in Reading and Bracknell will be reopening next week.
re3, which runs the two recycling centres, have announced they will be back open on Monday, May 18.
A booking system will be in place for those who wish to use the tips at Smallmead and Longshot Lane, however, and this will open at 10am on Friday, May 15.
People will be able to book a time slot via the form online provided on the local councils and re3 websites.
Safety measures being introduced
To ensure that social distancing guidelines are followed, the following safety measures will be introduced on both sites:
– Limiting the number of vehicles allowed at the site at any one time.
– All visitors are required to keep the appropriate distance from each other, at least 2m apart.
– To minimise unnecessary contact with staff, residents should display their proof of address through closed windows and use contactless payments for transactions if possible.
– No assistance for unloading can be provided by site staff who will be available to direct the public and manage residents parking.
– In line with Public Health England guidance, residents who are vulnerable, or who are showing symptoms which may indicate coronavirus, must not visit the recycling centres.
New rules for Smallmead and Longshot Lane tips
– You must make a booking before you visit the site. If you do not have a booking you will be refused entry.
– Please bring proof of address that shows you are a resident of Bracknell Forest, Wokingham or Reading such as driving licence, a council tax bill or a utility bill and place it on your dashboard for staff to see.
– You must arrive at the time of your booked slot.
– You must come in the car for which you made your booking (identified by the number plate).
– Visitors who come without a booking, outside of their booked slot, without a proof of residency or in a different car from the booking will be turned away.
News by: Berkshire Live